Tuesday, January 09, 2007

on the iPhone

Door #1:
iPhone combines three products — a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls, and a breakthrough Internet communications device with desktop-class email, web browsing, maps, and searching — into one small and lightweight handheld device. iPhone also introduces an entirely new user interface based on a large multi-touch display and pioneering new software, letting you control everything with just your fingers. So it ushers in an era of software power and sophistication never before seen in a mobile device, completely redefining what you can do on a mobile phone.

Door #2:
Mobile phones in the United States are more power-hungry and complicated than ever. But one of the latest phones from Motorola, aimed primarily at other markets and due out by the end of the year, is just the opposite. Looking for more customers, the company did extensive market research in poor countries. The result: the company's slimmest phone yet, boasting cutting-edge technology that--rather than adding complexity--extends battery life and makes the phone simpler to use.

Based on the reactions I've seen from people so far, half of the Internet community would battle it out in the Thunderdome for the chance to buy one of those Apple phones--for the low, low price of $599. Am I the only person in America who would rather go for the latter option?

6 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

REMEMBER when I almost DIED laughing when I saw that commercial with the lady with the FULL KEYBOARD on her phone "for easier text messaging"?!!!

Believe me, I would go with the latter. It's ALL about the battery power.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Brice R. said...

but... Mac... Hadley... but... but... Mac--

*head explodes*

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That thing is pretty sweet, actually! I watched the video for it from the Mac Convention and if I seriously thought that I would use it (I can easily see a bunch of people falling for this!

The price does not seem that bad if you add up (ipod+ great phone+ IT RUNS MAC OS X)

But hey, I have my motorola, my laptop, and my nano.

...which I guess is your whole point....

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry I can't speak English

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would much rather something simpler at this point. really, all i use my phone for is to talk to people and that's all i want it to do.

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear man, it's Jeb.

Do yourself a service and see http://octonaut.com for more details. More specifically, therein lies the design and structure for a great many things.

Ah, forget it, I'll just link it here and save you the detective work: http://www.octonaut.com/img/final5.jpg

Consider writing for us?

Love,
Jeb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home