Sunday, November 26, 2006

The blog is impassable

Bad news: After sizing up the situation, I think I'm going to be moving at a pretty grueling pace for the next few weeks, and I'm probably going to end up with more work than I can actually carry back to my room. Consequently, I'm probably going to be, uh, gone from here for a few weeks, or at least not updating as often as I have been; I'll try not to lose my shirt in the meanwhile.

But first, here's a few links so that a really bad Oregon Trail conceit isn't the last memory y'all have of me.

SurveyUSA: Head-to-Head Presidential Pairings
I promised some people that I would try and abstain from links posts for a while, and I promised a lot more that I would have no need to talk politics for an even longer, while. Sorry, guys.

This is pretty painlessly non-partisan, though. SUSA apparently polled a few hundred thousand people, Literary Digest-style, in all 50 states asking them who they would vote for between Democrat X and Republican Y, for about a dozen candidates on either side. The results, available on a color-coded map with drop-down menus, seem a bit sketchy at times (Barack Obama never wins more than 5 states in any scenario), but they're still fun to run through. Did you know that Russ Feingold would beat Newt Gingrich but lose to Mitch Romney?

Wikipedia's Featured Article of the Day
Can I take back everything I said earlier about how vandalizing Wikipedia is stupid? (Statement only valid until tomorrow morning.

And finally, a certain something just for Hadley.

See y'all in a few days.

2 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should pay the Indian $5 to do your homework.

P.S.
I will not mind if you lose your shirt admist all of this "work" business.

P.P.S.
Let's go to Cleveland + I love you.

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do not die of exams!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home