Thursday, November 09, 2006

Only a week off

And it's not like I did much interesting anyway. I slept for about 90 minutes Tuesday morning, went in and took my physics test using the Mitch Hedberg Examination Method*, bumbled through morphology like I normally do, went in and took my grammar test (apparently making a 105?! Luck, I swear), picked up steel sabers for the first time in fencing, and took my lab exam, which hasn't been graded yet.

Then I went out for Halloween. Not much to say there, except that it took me approximately an hour to drive from the bottom to the top of this map. And I have pictures.


But anyway, the real news for this post: apparently, Ken Jennings is a Democrat. Wonders never cease.

Now wasn't this post worth waiting eight days for?

*Thanks to the late, great standup comedian, who had this to say about time:
I don't wear a watch because I want my arms to weigh the same. So if somebody asks me what time it is, I have to tell them something that is going on. "What time is it, Mitch?" "Uh, that guy is eating a hamburger." "[Drat], I had to be somewhere..."
This can be applied to a variety of situations. "1a: For an RLC circuit with a resistance of 12 ohms and an inductance of five Henries, find the emf." "Uh... electric flux equals B x A! The area of a circle is pi r^2!"
I got a 41, later bumped up to a 49, which is probably B/B- range for that class. I swear that my graduate-level morphology class is easier than this.

[I first tried to post this at about 8:45 last night, but Blogger wouldn't let me. Then, this morning, I realized I had forgotten to explain the MHEM; I came back, added it, and now it works fine. Just what psychic properties is Google or whoever owns Blogger testing out, anyway?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home