Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Blame it on me

So, you know that sort of situation where you want to post on your blog, but you get sick for a week, and then school starts, and then you have five or six things you want to talk about built up by then, but you can't find the time to write about them all, and then you've stopped writing on your blog for a month, and you think that you need to make an entry deserving of the hiatus that it caused, but the longer you take to get around to it the bigger it has to be, and the bigger it gets the more time you would have to spend on it, and then you get into midterms, and then you just say "screw it" and go ahead and write it anyway, length be darned?

I thought you did.

So, here's the Reader's Digest summaries of the stuff I was going to bring up at some point or another:

"Fakes On A Plane": Someone made the argument that New Line Cinema completely structured the hype cycle of Snakes on a Plane as a really covert method of viral marketing. I didn't want to give Hollywood half that much credit, especially since the blog entry that apparently touched it off didn't seem to have any discernible relation. But after the Brody Ruckus (aka "100,000 Guy" on Facebook) quasi-scandal, I'm not as sure anymore.

NPR: Maynard Ferguson Dies at 78
By and far the most famous trumpeter of the last 50 years, maybe excepting Wynton Marsalis. Great player, great concert-leader, great guy.

Washington Post: "Ties to GOP Trumped Know-How Among Staff Sent to Rebuild Iraq"
Business as usual. Ugh.

LibraryThing: Man, this is my Site of the Year. Add your library, find out who has collections most similar to you, find out what books you should read next. Hi.

'The Play' on Youtube: If you're a fan of sports, you probably already know that you can find the most famous play in college football on the Internet. But it's fun to compare it with the NFL equivalent, which I remember watching live and which is about as amazing. I still don't see how John Carney still has a job.

Feingold: ...actually, I'm still planning on getting to that.

So yeah, consider me off-hiatus now for the forseeable future. Tune in later for less vapid summarizations and heck, maybe even pictures.

3 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT'S YOUR FAULT.

I mean.
er.

It wasn't supposed to come out that way....crap.

;-)

P.S.
YOU ARE MY FAVORITE.

and I am excited for more posts!

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strangely enough I looked up the clip to show Jen the other day.

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But John Carney got me seven points in two different fantasy leagues last week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home