Friday, July 28, 2006

So long, farewell, Auf Weidersehen, goodbye...

Edit, 4:57 PM Japan Time: Hooray, this almost looks like it should now! Good thing, too, because I just paid $4.50 to edit this.

[This entry written at 12:30 last night. Apologies in advance. Also, for Susannah: I'll be in and out of Chapel Hill next week, on vacation the week after that, and then back for good.]


Somebody...

Told her that there was a place like Heaven,
Across the water on a 747:
Yeah, we're living in a modern world...


Well, let me tell you--if you're feeling alone,
'Stead of whinin' and moanin',
Just get on the phone, tell her you're coming home;
If you need her, you should be there,
Go home...


So here's to the nights we felt alive,
Here's to the tears you knew you'd cry;
Here's to goodbye--tomorrow's gonna come too soon...


But I'm coming home,
Made up my mind, that's what I'm gonna do.
Can't love nobody on a telephone,
I'm coming home to you...


(As through the dark the sun must rise,
Say sayonara to sad goodbyes...
See the dark light up your somber skies,
Say sayonara to sad goodbyes...
)

So here's to the nights we felt alive,
Here's to the tears you knew you'd cry;
Here's to goodbye--tomorrow's gonna come too soon...

Too soon...

*instrumental*

So here's to the nights we felt alive,
(You're only an ocean away...)
So here's to the nights we felt alive,
(I watch the patchwork farms, slow fade
into the ocean's arms...
)
Here's to the nights, here's to the nights, here's to the--

I became friendly with Ruy Lopez,
the author of Works on Chess:
"Ruy", I said, "you're incorrect-"
He cut me off and acted mad.
He won't even talk to me now, but I don't care,
'Cause I'm sick of that guy and I need to
Rest awhile, rest awhile,

Rest awhile, rest awhile!



I'm taking off in about ten hours. I'll be keeping this updated on a fairly consistent basis for the forseeable future, but especially make sure to stick around for the next week or so. I'll try to make a few wrapup posts and get some pictures I never a found a space for put in. Thanks for reading, in any case, and I'll see y'all Saturday.

4 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BRICE BRICE BRICE!

IT'S TWICE FOR DOMESTIC FLIGHTS! :-D I am in the new apartment and for some reason Thunderbird is not connecting to send E-Mails---something about the SMTP server---I think it's 'cause I'm mooching off of someone's wireless...

I love you so much and CANNOT WAIT to see you tomorrow evening! mwah!!

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am freaking out.
You are coming home. In a little over 24 hours you will be back!

HOOOOOOOOOOORAYYYYYYY!

 
At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!
Oh my gosh!!
OH my gosh!!!
OH My gosh!!!!
OH MY gosh!!!!!
OH MY Gosh!!!!!!
OH MY GOsh!!!!!!!
OH MY GOSh!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!
you are finally coming home!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've got to go see some relatives, but i'll be back in chapel hill august 14.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home