Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Greetings

Welcome to Amphigory!

Although most of the people who're reading this already know me, I suppose I should put up some quick information for posterity. I'm currently a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where I'm majoring in linguistics and minoring in astronomy.

No, I don't really know how you could combine the two. I'm sure there's a way, somehow.

I'm interested in too many things for my own good, but a short list would include sports, trivia, poker, reading, politics, pop sociology, networks, webcomics, theology and professional Scrabble. I'm prone to random bursts of obscure humor, I like long walks on the beach, and I'm a Virgo.

I've been considering creating this blog for a while. What finally gave me the impetus to just go ahead and do it, I guess, was my upcoming summer school program in Japan; I've told so many people I would keep them updated that it's probably easiest to just send out all my random stories and pictures in one fell swoop here. Once that's over with, though, I'll continue to update with interesting links, thoughts, and other bloggish things. (So many of them were just ending up in my AIM away messages that I got tired of deleting them every few hours.)

That's about it for now; I'll try to make my thoughts more connected and my style less pedantic as I go along. Let me know if you find any bugs or errors.

4 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Brice R. said...

Test, test, one two three...

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you!
:-)
Good luck, Brice! As is true of most everything you have a go at, I am excited to see how this will turn out and evolve over time! It shall be bookmarked! :-D

insert some inane comment about "comment cherry breaking" here
:-p

(Come on, I get at least *one* immature post before this thing really kicks off!)
much love!

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know i am excited!!!!

hey, you know that game where you say a "word" with another person except you get louder each time it is your turn to say the "word" until one of you laughs so much you lose? yea, that game! you should play that with leah sometime.

love you bunches

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, didnt mean to be anonymous--i want the postcards but that anonymous thing was pretty funny when you think about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home